Action Challenge are a UK based events company, who work with over 400 charities and corporate clients – creating, planning, marketing and operating mass participation treks, runs & cycles and international challenge events. Over 20,000 people take part in our events each year.
We are seeking an experienced events professional, with a proven record of event delivery to join our team as a Project Manager, to help plan and manage a suite of mass participation and challenge events to our high operational standards.
The full scope of the role will be dependant on skill set and experience, but likely to include the Project planning & management of a series of challenge events now in their 7th year:
- Budget management – and working to save at least 10% on all areas of expenditure
- Detailed planning processes – working to weekly deadlines, and reporting all event updates
- Liaising with suppliers, venues, and staff working up towards event delivery
- Branding & event design – to ensure imaging and hospitality is delivered to a high standard
- On the day event management – overseeing the running of events with the senior management team – overseeing route, staff, site, logistics and suppliers
- Participant management – registration, fulfilment of event packs, timing and control on event
- Safety, health & risk assessments of all events
- Reporting – finances, profit, loss and detailed expenditure
- Evolve new ideas around event design, conception and keep abreast of the challenge event market and competitor activity
- You will also be expected to play a wider role within the operations team and business, and be flexible depending upon business needs, and the busy event summer months.
You will be:
- A driven individual – who can demonstrate previous impact and success
- Highly organized – and be able to demonstrate this with examples of deadlines achieved, working to own plans, and efficient outputting
- Ambitious – to work within a small focused team, within a growing business
- Passionate to deliver a high quality events experience, to the best standards
- Committed to be part of an event delivery team – working weekends, and out of hours when required.
- Commercial minded – and able to articulate examples of previous increasing revenue, successful marketing, or cost cutting – with the bottom line of the business directly benefitted from your actions
You will have:
- A degree level education
- Strong communication and written skills (ESSSENTIAL)
- An interest and passion for the outdoors and sports (ESSENTIAL)
- Field experience – with responsibility for an area of event management (PREFERABLE)
Competitive – depending on experience and the right candidate.
Please send your CV and a cover letter describing in 300 words your suitability for the role to email@example.com, application by email only – please do not call.
The role will be based at our Woolwich head office, South East London with a closing date of the 30th April.